Sunday, October 26, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My Mojo?

It's been a LONG time since I have scrapbooked or created anything crafty (although I have made a card or altered picture frame here and there). We've been busy with with typical family life and work. But we've always been busy w/those kinds of things. So, my question is: Why have I lost my motivation to do one of the things that makes me so happy? For me, scrapbooking is the ultimate form of therapy. I'm taking a little time out for myself and spending time with my friends, while doing something constructive and positive for my family. Yes, many argue (those who don't scrapbook) that it can be expensive and excessive, but so can any hobby. And YES, shopping for supplies can be addictive, but at least it's not against the law. HA! Right now, I should upstairs in my scrapbook room creating a new masterpiece. But instead, here I sit typing away on the computer. Lately it just seems there are more important things I need to be tending to. Like cleaning my house and working on the pile of laundry that is threatening to overtake the entire second floor of our house. Funny, I was always the one that told my scrapper friends that cleaning and laundry could wait....Go SCRAPBOOK! And now it's my excuse. Let me know if you have any ideas to get my creative juices flowing again. I'm going to go fold another load of laundry. Oh the joy!

1 comment:

cajs said...

AHHHH, so it hits. You are not the first,nor the last,to suffer from this syndrome. Unfortunetly, it happens to everyone. When it happened to me (a person whom oozes creativity),I had three childern,a house, ajob, ahusband.I suddenly declared to PUT it on the back burner.There was no time or energy to come out of my self. You will do some, but don't beat yourself up, or force it. You haven't lost your MOjo, just letting it rest for awhile. Another creative outting is in store for you, you just don't know it yet.Mine was sewing.... and childern''s crafting with their school work and hollidays. There was no more time left so the laundry dosn't get out of controle. Hang in there, and don't fret tooo much. That also will drive you and Todd CRAZY! love you, Carol