Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Trip to Hilton Head

We took a little trip to Hilton Head last week and had a wonderful time. My Mother and my Aunt Kay met us there. We had not seen them in a long time and won't see them at Thanksgiving or Christmas so it was nice to spend some quality time with them. We stayed pretty busy, although my Aunt Kay did nothing but relax, read and scrapbook. She had just returned from volunteering with the hurricane victims in Texas and really needed a break. Todd, my Mother and Karissa went fishing, we took lots of walks on the beach and also rode bikes. We stayed in a freestanding 3-bedroom villa located along a lagoon filled with turtles, minnows and a one-eyed alligator! Karissa would sing to the turtles and they would swim right up to her. It was the cutest thing! I think I'll nickname her the "Turtle Whisperer." We took some nice pics on the beach. I didn't realize how hard it could be to get a good picture of everyone with their eyes open (the sun was so bright)!

Add Image

This is the path we took to get to the beach-about a 5-minute walk from our villa. It was filled with the scent of jasmine and we were greeted by some very friendly butterflies. I could have stayed there all day!

No comments: